What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, credit card information or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a form or enter information on our site.
How do we use your information?
We may use such information in the following ways:
- To respond to any communication that you send to us.
- To personalize user’s experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
How do we protect visitor information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
- Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart.
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you disable cookies off, some features will be disabled It will turn off some of the features that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
How can you opt out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?
You can request to have your information removed by clicking on the Contact Us/Live Chat button on this or the home page.
Please note that we may maintain information about an individual sales transaction in order to complete that transaction and for record keeping purposes.
Third Party Disclosures
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party Links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Transfer of Your Personal Information
Your information, including personal information, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
We do not sell any of your personal data. To be able to provide our services to you and to operate our business, we share data with third parties from the following categories:
- Third parties which are involved in the processing of purchases, e.g. payment service providers and order fulfilment service providers.
- Third parties which provide professional services to us, e.g. website hosting providers.
- Under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
How long We Retain of Your Personal Information
- Purchases– When you purchase from us, we retain that information for a period of six years following the end of the financial year during which you purchased it from us. It is our legal obligation to keep these records for tax purposes.
- Enquiries – Unless you provide consent for the future contact during your enquiry, we will keep your information for as long as is required to respond and complete your enquiry, and for a further 12 months, before deleting your information.
- User Accounts – You may sign up for a website user account as part of your purchase or to receive enhanced personalized services. User account information will be retained for a period of 10 years from your last renewal date in order to verify your account status and recent history or to allow you to re-instate your account.
Information Regarding Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- We need to perform a contract with you, such as when you create a Policy with us
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it’s not overridden by your rights
- For payment processing purposes
- To comply with the law
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right of access– you have the right to access your personal data (e.g. data that is about you) that we hold. This is called a subject access request. We must respond to your request within one month. To request access to your data, please email email@example.com. It is very helpful if you tell us what of your personal data you are seeking.
- The right to rectification– if you think the data we hold on you is incorrect, tell us so we can put it right. You can do this by contacting us.
- The right to erasure – you have the right to request that we delete your data. We will do so, provided that we do not have a compelling reason for keeping it. To request this, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The right to restrict processing– you can change your communication preferences (therefore restricting how we communicate with you) by contacting us. There are also certain other circumstances in which you can suppress the processing of your personal data. To request this, please email email@example.com.
- The right to data portability– you can obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services. To request this, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The right to object– you have the right to object to
- a) Direct marketing from shopcaribe.com or from third parties we have shared your data with for direct marketing purposes. You can opt out of direct marketing any time by contacting us. There will also be instructions on how to unsubscribe included in any direct marketing message that we send to you.
- b) Any processing where our lawful basis is legitimate interest (see above). If you would like to formally object to any of our legitimate interest processing, please email email@example.com.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
We employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Website (“Service Providers”), to provide our Website on our behalf, to perform Website-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Website is used. These third-parties have access to your personal information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
- Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
- For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page:http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
We provide paid products and/or services on our Website. In that case, we use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. First Atlantic Commerce).
Compliance with children’s online privacy protection act
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our Site from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our website is structured to attract anyone under 13.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy and terms of service. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
This document was last updated on 11 May, 2020